Note: Due to current public health concerns, all typing tests at San Diego Continuing Education have been suspended, and will not be offered until further notice. Please check back for updates.
A free, five-minute timed certification process has you key text from unfamiliar material. A maximum of five errors is allowed. International rules specify two points off your gross score for each error. If successful, you’ll immediately receive an original certificate of validation.
- Six timings on three unfamiliar tests during each session
- The minimum speed is 25 Net Words A Minute (NWAM)
- You will be given one original certificate
- A valid picture ID is required
- You must complete an application prior to the test either online or on the first visit to the facility to receive a CSID number
- The CSID number along with your picture ID will be given to the instructor before you take your test
- No appointment necessary
- Arrive 30 minutes early
- Please expect to stay 1-2 hours to register, complete the test, and receive your certificate.
- Testing will not be administered if you arrive more than 15 minutes after posted test time
No testing the first and last weeks of the semester.