A new way of learning online
San Diego Continuing Education (SDCE) has built a new fully online educational program to provide adult learners in California with fast, free, flexible job training and extensive career placement services.
ICOM Academy (Interactive Competency-based Online Microcredentialing Academy) launched fall 2020 with multiple career education options in Small Business Entrepreneurship, Information Technology and Skilled Trades.
Programs are intensive and short-term. Most can be completed in 5-10 months.
Career training programs are industry recognized and state approved. Open Education Resources will be prioritized for classes, which means Zero Textbook Costs for students.
Short-term certificate programs are fully online. Dynamic synchronous instruction makes these programs unique from other programs that provide little instructor interaction and peer-to-peer collaboration. Plus, robust student success services will be provided virtually.
Learn on your own time and in your own space. Every online class includes self-paced activities as well as scheduled faculty-led instruction.
ICOM Academy programs will be available this fall.
- Small Business Planning
- Virtual Datacenter
- Linux Server Administration
- Mobile Application Development
- Programming with Python
- Data Management with Python
- Windows System Administration
- Cyber Threat and Response
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Quick Service Technician
- Service Advisor
- Child Care Provider
- Infant Care Specialist
- Child Home Care Training
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Project Management
ICOM in the News
- San Diego Continuing Education To Offer Free Online Programs patch.com June 15, 2020
- San Diego Continuing Education Prepares to Begin Online Certificate Program Times of San Diego June 15, 2020
- San Diego Continuing Education Named Entrepreneurial College of the Year Clairemont Times November 1, 2019
SDCE’s ICOM Academy is part of the Improving Online Career Technical Education Pathways Grant and the California Virtual Campus and Online Education Initiative.