The Cybersecurity Analyst certificate program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to assess cybersecurity threats and use the appropriate tools to remediate security vulnerabilities. Students will learn practical and analytical skills needed to perform threat assessments, vulnerability management analysis and remediation, security incident response, and application of a layered security architecture. The review, selection, and assembly of tools for performing threat and incident management will also be covered.
- Cybersecurity threats, threat data, and exploit analysis
- Blue team penetration testing and tools
- Vulnerability scanning, analysis, and host remediation
- CSIRT (Computer Security Incident Response Team) fundamentals
- Data analytics to determine appropriate compensating controls
- Conducting forensic analysis of digital systems
- Secure coding as a part of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Common cybersecurity tools & technologies
This is a great introductory program which, when combined with other network and security administration certificates, will help launch your cybersecurity career.