Veteran Services at San Diego Continuing Education serves Veteran students with dignity, respect, and honor. Veteran Services is committed to provide effective and timely services in an inclusive, challenging and supportive learning environment that prepares Veteran students for their academic and career pathways.
SDCE’s Veteran Services is here to help Veteran students take charge of their education. Please contact Crystal Saldana at email@example.com or call (619) 800-4472. A staff member will respond to emails and/or calls.
Important COVID-19 Updates for Veteran Student
Due to changes in training modalities in response to COVID-19, the Senate and House passed S.3503 and the bill was accepted and signed by President Trump. The bill gives the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) authority to continue education benefit payments uninterrupted in the event of national emergencies regardless whether programs have changed from resident to online/distance training. Students will also receive their monthly housing allowance payments until January 1, 2021, or until the school resumes normal operations of resident training.
Adjustments will only be made to enrollments if a student drops or withdraws from courses. Any updates will be posted to this website and/or will be sent to your mySDCCD email.
For questions in regards to certification and/or classes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 800-4472. For questions about Veteran education benefits, please contact the Veterans Education Call Center at 1-888-442-4551.
Because SDCE cares about the health and safety of all students and our communities, campuses are closed. All services for Veteran students are currently provided remotely and/or online. Please note new Veteran student certifications will not be processed until SDCE resumes registration in selected certified programs. Please contact Crystal Saldana at email@example.com for available programs and enrollment processes.
Use Your VA Education Benefits at SDCE
- Automotive Technician
- Auto Body and Paint Technician
- Automotive Service Advisor
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
Please contact Marcia Grant, Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about SDCE’s Skills Trades Program.
Please contact Crystal Saldana at email@example.com for more information about using your VA education benefits at SDCE.
Steps to Certification at SDCE
- Get started with your VA Education Benefits at https://www.va.gov/education/
- Complete your SDCE application
- Get your student attendance card at ECC’s Student Services Office
- Sign-up for required program orientation or interest list
- Attend the required program orientation, use your access code provided at the orientation or from your instructor to register online using the code and the class CRN (special number for each class).
- Make a certification appointment with SDCE’s Veteran Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 800 – 4472.
- Complete your VA Education Benefits certification process with SDCE’s Veterans Services office located at ECC in the R2S Center, room 116 on your scheduled appointment day.
- Communicate regularly with Veterans Services, we are here to help!
- Attend class regularly and complete your program on-time.
Students must have an email to apply and register at SDCE. If you do not have an active email, sign-up for a free gmail account here.
Tips for Veteran Students to be Successful at SDCE
- Attend your classes and begin making progress toward your academic and career goals! - Check-in regularly with SDCE’s Veteran Services to be sure you're on target for completion.
- Keep copies of all forms for your records.
- Meet with an academic counselor to complete or update your Student Education Plan.
- Keep your mySDCCD email and student portal updated and always check for important information and updates.