In accordance with San Diego Continuing Education (SDCE) mission and core goals, the Access, Retention and Completion Committee (ARC) serves in an advisory capacity to support SDCE planning, and reaching institutionwide strategic enrollment objectives. ARC provides evidenced-based recommendations that contribute to student access, recruitment, retention and completion rates of all students.
ARC is a cooperative effort where representatives from constituent groups across SDCE work to set the tone for the student experience from application and access, through completion and success.
- Review on-going institution-wide enrollment trends, activities and initiatives
- Evaluate changes to student enrollment patterns, retention and completions rates
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to inform recommendations
- Support the development of institution-wide enrollment goals
- Assess, and make recommendations on student support strategies that enhance student access, retention, and goal completion
- Analyze and make recommendations on student diversity enrollment trends
- Review and make recommendations on San Diego Continuing Education procedures and practices that impact access, retention and completion
- Vice President, Instructional Services
- Vice President, Student Services
- Deans (3)
- Coordinators (3)
- Special Projects Manager/Program ActivityManager (1)
- Supervisors (3)
- Faculty (4) to represent the interests of all programs, not individual programs
- Classified Professionals (4)
- Associated Students (1)
Two administrators and one faculty member serve as co-chairs.
This committee meets once each month at a regularly scheduled time.