SDCCE Curriculum Committee
- Curriculum Committee Webpage
- Committee Roster
- Committee Meeting Dates 2023-2024
- Essential Curriculum Approval Dates 2023-2024
- Curriculum Committee Checklist for Course Approval
- Curriculum Committee Member Role
- Equity Recommendations for Curriculum Committee (January 2022)
- Curriculum Review Rubric
Course Outlines and Catalog
- Technical Review Checklist
- Course Outline of Record template
- SDCCE Course Outline Distance Education (DE) Addendum Form (updated March 2022)
- Course Outline Guidelines
- Certificate Program Narrative Guidelines & Template
- Certificate Program Competencies Template
- Labor Market Information (LMI) form for CTE (vocational) curriculum *LMI data reflecting high employment demand required for short-term vocation certificate programs.
- New/Substantially Revised Curriculum Approval Process flowchart
- Revised Curriculum Approval Process flowchart
- Program Course Approval Handbook, 8th Ed.
- ASCCC Course Outline of Record: A Curriculum Reference Guide
- Technical Review Planning Form - For questions regarding developing a new curriculum or revising an existing curriculum, please email the SDCCE Curriculum Committee Chair, Richard Gholson.
San Diego College of Continuing Education to City, Mesa or Miramar College Credit by Exam
The goal of CTE Transitions Credit by Exam agreements between SDCCE and San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar College is to provide SDCCE career education students with opportunities to accelerate college degree completion through the development and maintenance of agreements that allow students to earn college credit by successfully completing approved career education courses and/or programs at SDCCE.
The SDCCE Credit By Exam Instruction Certification form should be completed only by SDCCE Instructors who have taught a course or courses tied to active CTE Transitions Credit by Exam agreements between SDCCE and San Diego City, Mesa, or Miramar College.
SDCCE faculty teaching a Credit By Exam course:
- Provide CTE Transitions Program Credit by Exam information to your students within your class syllabus and during the first week of class. Ensure the students are aware they may be eligible for college credit.
- Fully integrate the college-approved final exam or portfolio process into your course. Administer the approved final exam or portfolio to all students participating in the course.
- Grade all students participating in the course (final exam/portfolio grade and overall course grade)
- Submit course grade and credit by exam final assessment grade for eligible students. Submit each eligible student.
The user guide is also available to assist with completing the form, https://www.sdccd.edu/docs/ISPT/workforce/docs/SDCEtoCollege-InstructorCertificationForm-Guide.pdf
List of active agreements, the approved agreements, student eligibility requirements, sample student automated communication, and additional information and resources can be found on SDCCD’s CTE Transitions SDCCE Credit By Exam webpage, https://www.sdccd.edu/about/departments-and-offices/instructional-services-division/workforce-and-economic-development/cte-transitions-credit-by-exam/sdce-to-college.aspx
Other Curriculum Resources
- District Curriculum Services-Resources for Curriculum
- California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office- Curriculum and Instruction Unit
If you have any questions regarding SDCCE curriculum, please contact the Instructional Services Office or call the office at 619-388-4850.